Saturday, January 09, 2010

New Artwork

Last night, I set aside time for myself so I could paint again.

I'm so busy with the kids and my writing that I haven't done art in ages. At one point, years ago, I was getting very into my artwork and even sold a few paintings to Mixed Media collectors online.

Since that time, life got the best of me.... small children, two at-home businesses, a husband and a house to take care of... it doesn't leave a lot of room for the extras. It doesn't leave a lot of room for 'me' time... which is not OK... as parents we deserve to give ourselves just as much love and attention as we do our children. And losing ourselves in the shuffle is not a gift to them in the long run - and it definitely isn't a gift to ourselves.

My art studio is also the laundry room.... with six people in the house you could imagine how the clothes could take over.... Last night, I put it all in baskets and cleared some space for myself.

Here are a few photos of the process..

Beginning stages of new painting.

Altered book pages.
End result of the evening...

I think it still needs more touches but its almost there.


One of my New Year's resolutions is to make myself and my interests more of a priority... sometimes it is OK to say no to those we love or let the house get a little bit messy.
So, blog readers, go grab some paints and get down tonight - leave the dishes behind.
xoxo

5 comments:

unschoolermom said...

Very cool! Sounds like a good resolution!

Kandy

Hip Mountain Mama said...

Good for you mama! Love your artwork!
Suzy

valariebudayr said...

Way to go. I love all of the colors in your painting. There is nothing better than a little time to oneself. Enjoy your painting.

Shannon said...

your artwork is simply unbelieveable! so happy to have you join Inside Out. excited to get to know you.

Eileen said...

Thanks so much ladies! It feels great to make the time to be creative.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails